Thursday, October 2, 2008

Thanks to the Sheridan Historical Society...


We have some fun news at the studio today because our neighbors across the street at the Sheridan Historical Society loaned me many old photographs from Sheridan and the surrounding area! They were coming across a lot of old photos that include tintypes dating to the Civil War that they could not use at the moment so they thought of me. It's very interesting to see the names of old studio photographers from Sheridan dating to the 1800's on some of these shots. The Society is also loaning a display case for the next couple years so I can use it as I see fit. I plan on cataloging the photographs and albums and then putting them on display in the gallery of our studio. As a person who loves history and photography this is a lot of fun for me to go through these items and peer into the past. The photo I posted is a shot I took of the Boxley Cabin located in Veterans Park just 2 blocks from our studio. It is one of two buildings on the National Register of Historic Places in town. Part of our Main St. downtown, including where our studio is located, is also a Historic District.