Friday, December 5, 2008

Congrats to Brent....


The other day I had a friend and business associate in the studio and we were chatting. He asked if I shot Brent Humes senior photos and I said I did. He then said "you know he won the Phil N Eskew Mental Attitude Award don't you?" At that point I realized I hadn't mentioned it on my blog! Yep, I knew. I heard it announced down at Lucas Oil Stadium after the game. I have to say I'm not surprised! This is really quite an honor to get this award out of all the young men playing football in 1A in our state. And Brent deserved it.

Brent played on both sides in the games as running back and linebacker in addition to lettering in wrestling and track. He is a four-year Vice President of his class, four year member of the student council, three year member of the National Honor Society and Spanish Club president. He also is a peer for the Sheridan school system working with third grade kids. He is the eight Sheridan player to win the award over the years.

Congratulations to Brent. The Sheridan community can be very proud!