Tuesday, September 28, 2010

A Sad Time 25 years ago today....

Twenty-five years ago today in Muncie two teens were found shot to death in their car in Muncie's Westside Park. I was a staff photographer at the Muncie Star and the Muncie Evening Press at them time. I saw the article today on the Muncie StarPress website and it brought back the memories of the killings that gripped the town. I wasn't working the night of the shooting but remembered a few days later I was at the Police Dept when they were going over the car that the bodies were found in. It was really spooky with the broken window from the bullet and blood on the inside. The killer was never found though there are theories and hundreds of hours of investigation. The Star has a decent recap of the events and timeline from the events and the lives involved now 25 years later. They had the article and photo posted from when I was there while they were processing the car.