Monday, July 2, 2012

The beginning of some changes...

After much consideration of the past few weeks I decided to resign from being the Sheridan High School yearbook photographer. 

In a perfect world I guess that I would have time to do all the little local things in addition to everything else in my life.  I am trying to cut down on the things that require me to be tied to the studio in so-called retail hours.  I am in a position where I can travel more for photo projects and the studio hours are getting in the way. I also spend many hours in volunteering for 3 different organizations and I'd like to keep doing that and also increase my time spent with them.

I didn't come to this decision lightly as I have always enjoyed working with the school as the yearbook advisors and everyone involved has been most helpful.  But times change and my aspirations have changed in what I want to do.  I need to be able to take off for a few days or a week or a month when I need to and keeping retail hours makes that impossible.

Yes, I will still be shooting Senior photos and do have appointments on the books but at least I can tailor the appointments around my schedule.  And yes, I still have the studio on Main Street.  At least for now. If I end up spending more time away from the studio it may not make sense to keep the space.  I may move to another location in Cicero, Westfield or Carmel to better suit my needs but I am not sure yet.  The Sheridan location may work the best with my lifestyle so time will tell.

So there you have it.  The beginning of some changes and some rationale on why.  The school will notify the senior class about the yearbook portrait arrangements in the future.